Getting started is easy.
Follow these steps to write a tribute to your loved one.
- Search for the person that you want to leave a message for – Once you find their name previewed you can click or press on the name to view the page.
- Once you have read what others have written and viewed details, you can express your feelings, share a memory or simply sign the book at the bottom.
- To express your feelings or memories you can leave a tribute by clicking the green button ‘Leave a Tribute’ here you can select from three packages Honour, Respect and Remember.
- Follow the simple prompts and you have created your own special message or memory.
- You can now share this with other people using Facebook, Email or SMS by selecting a symbol that is placed under the word share near the green ‘Leave a Tribute’ button.
- If you need help to start writing we’ve created these prompts for you.
A Life Lived Tribute is never lost. It’s there to be remembered.
Write Your Tribute to Your Loved One
Expressing emotions at a time when your heart and head aren’t connected makes finding the right words difficult. Sharing your Notice or Tribute for a family member, a friend, or a colleague, shouldn’t be limited to three lines in a newspaper. With Life Lived you can say exactly what you feel, and share and post it online to bring comfort to others, and relieve your own sadness with words.
- So how do you begin? What do you say?
- Write a little, or write a lot.
- The Life Lived Packages offer YOU the choice.
You can upload your favourite photographs, and share the special memories of one who is gone – but certainly doesn’t deserve to be forgotten – and also leave a special message to be shared at your loved one’s funeral.
Use these prompts to help get started
Create your own story, or use the following prompts to remember and record why they deserve to be remembered as a Life Lived.
- Name of YOUR loved one (Surname first). Maybe they had a nickname that’s worth including.
- Their relationship to you: Family/friend/colleague/neighbour/acquaintance/hero/idol.
- What did they mean to you and/or how your life was enriched by their presence?
- Your special memories of them.
- Their admirable qualities and/or achievements.
- Their quirky personality, favourite movie, or song.
- Funny moments to share.
- Write a poem or a quotable quote.
- Conclusion: A final message of farewell, an expression of love, and your signature.
- Upload photographs that are special to you and will likely bring comfort to others who share your grief.
- Add your contact details so that others can keep in touch with you, by providing links to Twitter, Facebook, or your email address.